The event was opened by the EDEN DLE president, prof. Josep Duart. On behalf of the Faculty of Organization and Informatics, the participants were welcomed by Assoc. prof. Igor Balaban, Vice-dean for Science, projects and international cooperation at FOI. The highlight of the first day was for sure the keynote speech by prof. Ilona Buchem from Beuth University speaking on 'Designing Interaction with Humanoid Robots as Teaching and Learning Assistants' topic.
EDEN’s 2022 Research Workshop entitled “Towards smart and inclusive learning ecosystem” focuses on improved learning environments that drive the digital transformation of educational institutions. COVID-19 has accelerated the shift to blended or fully online learning environments, enforcing educational institutions to embrace technology and offer their students an online or at least blended learning experience. A large amount of data accessible through different learning environments has been analyzed and used to drive future strategies of education. This workshop aims to explore the consequences of emergency remote teaching and learning as well as to tackle the new approaches in creating learning environments that should be smarter, more inclusive, involve emerging technologies that will boost digital skills of students and bring them more personalized experience.
On the first day, research Paper Sessions were held on two relevant topics:
- Digital transformation of educational institutions, moderated by Diana Andone
- Trends and issues in education, moderated by Alfredo Soeiro
There was an online session, as well as a poster section held for all participants!
The workshop was continued on Tuesday, 20th September in Dubrovnik with Prof Bart Rienties from OU UK who gave a keynote on the use of learning analytics, and after three workshops were held on the following topics:
- High-performing personalized learning environments: using big data, learning analytics, artificial intelligence, wearables, and student modelling to create smart and inclusive learning environments for blended and online learning
- Learning strategies for smart learning environments: activity driven design, instructional design, learning design, gamification, immediate and personalized feedback starting from an early age
- Emerging technologies in education: flipped classroom, augmented reality, virtual reality, artificial intelligence, BYOD, new platforms for skills development
Find out more on official website.